UK consumers spent a total of £467 million on gifts for Father’s Day and a further £52 million on cards and gift wrap for their fathers. On average 75% of men in the UK celebrate Father’s Day in some manner and 7 million Father's Day cards are sent each year - compared to 13 million Mother's Day cards. Come on guys, surely your dad is as important to you as your mum… Buy him something special, to make him feel special. The most popular gift is a tie, although people also give socks, tools and golf clubs.
Come on guys. You can be more original… Gift him Yeti & The Fox, which supports wellness after drinking alcohol. He will thank you for supporting his health after he has had a drink or two.
Father’s Day is all about family, food and drinking and many sore heads and rough mornings the day after. The NHS states that there are 40 million social drinkers in the UK, meaning a lot of hangovers around the country; including your dad! Father’s Day is all about allowing your dad to relax however he wants, and if that involves some alcohol, then go for it!
Some fun facts about Father’s Day;
- Groups of clownfish only have a single female in the group. This continues when she dies as the dominant male changes sex and becomes a female. Isn’t nature amazing…
- The hilarious Robin Williams and Billy Crystal starred in the 1997 comedy Father’s Day, who’s tagline was “One kid. Two dads. A who done it”.
- In Germany, Father’s Day is celebrated a little differently. Männertag (Men’s day) brings men together and they pile wagons high with beer and then go on alcohol-fuelled jaunts around the town.
- Traditionally the rose is the official flower for Father’s Day. Wearing a red rose signifies a living father, while a white one represents deceased father. Not a fun fact, but important to get this the right way around.
- The world record for having the most number of children is 69 by the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782), a peasant from Moscow. His first wife gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets. Dinnertimes must have been hectic!
Dads… you rock!
For those that don’t live with their dad, spending time with him recently was impossible due to lockdown. But now things are easing up, go see him and tell him how much you love and miss him. But don’t buy him a tie… He will love you for buying him something, but put more thought into it this year.
Yeti & The Fox sponsors this blog. Treat your dad to something special, the gift of wellness after drinking. www.yetiandthefox.com.